Point 65 Tequila! GTX Angler Solo Modular Fishing Kayak Review
It’s 2020 and Tequila! GTX Angler from Point65 remains one of the most versatile modular kayak for fishing. Here is why it’s still a great option this year:
- It is packed with “must have” features for fishing. From lakes to rivers to the open ocean, this boat has no boundaries
- Patented Snap-Tap system the Tequila! Angler snaps apart into manageable sections and reassembles in seconds
- Equipped with an extremely comfortable AIR seat
_ _ _
We now present to you, well, to those who are not yet familiar with the most versatile sit-on-top fishing kayak, Tequila! GTX Angler Solo. It’s the type of model that can easily be carried in the back of most cars and even store in the house, under the bed. It comes with all necessary for a kayak angler. Also, the designer provided an extremely comfortable AIR seat with a pneumatically adjustable backrest that gives the paddler an extremely comfortable and perfectly adjustable seating position for many hours in a row, making it one of the best fishing kayaks along with the NEW KingFisher Modular Fishing Kayak from Point 65.
When to u
The Angler kayak is the model to take with you for a day trip or exercises, not so much for expeditions or weekend trip. You can use it on rivers, lakes and open waters and it’s perfect for fishing. We do not recommend surfing though. No matter if you’re a beginner or an expert, it will fit your level perfectly. It comes with small, normal and large paddler sizes.
Waters: River, Lake, Open Water
Skill-o-meter: Beginner, Normal and Expert
Pack Volume: Exercise or Day trip
Usage: Recreation, Fishing
Paddler size: Small, Normal, Large
Features of The Tequila! GTX Angler Solo
- Snap-Tap modular system with ultra durable 1-layer UV-resistant recyclable PO which means you can go from Solo to Tandem, very easily, only by adding an extra midsection and you can also be careful with nature.
- Great tracking and performance: the model is easy to handle, it’s also comfortable and not to mention highly performant.
- Deck fitted mount for GPS and fish-finder,
1 rodholder in front, 2 integrated rod holders behind the seat and paddlepark.
- AIR seats with pneumatically adjustable backrest: for an extremely comfortable ride.
Length: 295cm / 9’8”
Width: 75cm / 29,5”
Weight: 21kg / 48,5lbs
Capacity: 120kg / 265lbs
Weight/section: approx 11kg / 24,3
Front Section: 166cm / 5’5”
Back Section: 169cm / 5’7”
Solo vs Tandem
The Solo version of the Angler is easy to manage on water, but not as easy as the Tandem version and it is also not that fast, which actually makes sense. If you are worried about maneuvering, worry no more as the
|Tequila! Angler Solo||95⇑||90⇓||50⇓||55 ⇓|
|Tequila! Angler Tandem||70⇓||95⇑||70⇑||75⇑|
Thanks to it’s Snap-Tap system, the Tequila! Angler has the capability of splitting into manageable sections and reassembles in seconds. If you are a fishing enthusiast, the Angler is the one for you as it is stable, safe and not to mention strong. Thanks to its tracking keel, it paddles in a straight line, if this is what you want it to do. The Solo and the mid-section are equipped with two additional deck mounts and this way, the owner, will have the possibility to add more rod holders or other equipment. You can have a perfect day only by taking advantage of the AIR Seat and it’s pneumatically adjustable backrest.
Check it out the 7 best modular kayaks in 2020.