Point 65 Martini GTX Tandem Sit-In Review
In 2020 Martini GTX tandem kayak is still a top one. Here is why:
- Designed with both kids and adults in mind
- No need to buy 2 kayaks
- Rigid high-performance kayak which will fit comfortably in SUV, crossover, and minivans with plenty of room to spare
- Innovative features to keep everyone smiling
- Equipped with an extremely comfortable AIR seat
- Prepared to accommodate aftermarket fishing equipment and its multiple paddle parks free your hands to handle all the fishing you need
_ _ _
Designer Magnus de Brito managed to present innovation and express comfort through Point 65 Martini GTX Tandem. Mainly thanks to the Snap-Tap solution, the specialist developed a fun and versatile recreational kayak. It comes with a comfortable ergonomic seat equipped with tight braces for improved control, multiple cup holders and adjustable rudder pedals, just like its
When to use?
The Tandem can be used during day trips and weekends on both rivers and lakes, but we do not recommend lakes and especially no open waters. It is perfect for fishing, touring and can be used by
Waters: River or Lake
Skill-o-meter: Beginner, Normal and Expert
Pack Volume: Weekend trip or Day trip
Usage: Recreation, Fishing, Touring
Paddler size: Small, Normal, Large
Features of The Martini GTX Tandem
- Great tracking and performance: the model is easy to handle, it’s also comfortable and not to mention highly performant.
- Integrated rudder and rudder foot pedals inside the cockpit: these elements make it easy to handle both in water and outside the water.
- AIR seats with pneumatically adjustable backrest: for an extremely comfortable ride.
- olded in fish-o-meter, multiple cup holders and
- Snap-Tap modular system: which means you can go from Solo to Tandem, very easily, only by adding an extra midsection.
Length: 416cm / 13’8”
Width: 70cm / 27,6”
Weight: 35kg / 77lbs
Capacity: 240kg / 530lbs
Weight/section: approx 11kg / 24,3
Front Section: 170cm / 5’7”
Mid Section: 163cm / 5´ 4”
Stern section: 142cm / 4´8”
Bow Hatch: 20x20cm / 7,9″x7,9″
Aft Hatch: 44x26cm 17″x10″
Cockpit: 83x46cm / 33″x18″
Tandem vs Solo
The Martini GTX Solo is a sit-in kayak can easily be handled in water, however, the Tandem version is one step ahead. In terms of speed, the Tandem is again a bit faster. It’s true though that the GTX Solo can be maneuvered better, whereas the Tandem has incredible initial stability and end stability. The Solo behaves better in wind and waves conditions.
|Martini GTX Solo||80⇑||95⇓||60⇓||55 ⇓|
|Martini GTX Tandem||55⇓||100⇑||80⇑||70⇑|
The Martini GTX is a sit-in kayak that comes with a comfortable ergonomic seat equipped with a cushy seat pad for improved control, with multiple cup holders and easily adjustable rudder pedals and more. The model is highly maneuverable and no matter if you paddle the Solo or Tandem version, this is one of the fastest recreational kayaks on the market. As it is both comfortable, stable and secure, it is perfect for a weekend of adventure. You don’t need to buy two kayaks as thanks to the mid section, the