Point 65 Tequila! GTX Tandem Sit-On-Top Review
Point 65 Tequila! GTX Tandem Review
When to use?
It is important to mention that the model is perfect to use on rivers, lakes and open waters by beginner, normal or expert level users. Despite not being suitable for surfing, the new Tequila! GTX Tandem brings a certain something to a recreation activity like fishing, for example. It’s worth mentioning that it comes with small, normal and large paddlers. Tequila! GTX Tandem was designed thinking about both adults and children.
Waters: River, Lake, Open water
Skill-o-meter: Beginner, Normal, Expert
Pack Volume: Day trip
Usage: Recreation, Fishing
Paddler size: Small, Normal, Large
Features of Tequila! GTX Tandem
- Snap-Tap modular system – a kayaks’ ability to go easily from solo to tandem by adding an extra midsection.
- New tracking keel – it keeps the kayak straight as an arrow.
- Super comfort AIR seats with pneumatically adjustable backrest – this level of comfort isunique for the Tequila!
- Great tracking and performance– designed for comfort and stability, highly maneuverable with plenty of legroom.
- Extremely easy to carry – due to its modularity, it is exceptionally easy to carry, store and haul.
- Paddlepak, molded in carrying handles and molded-in bottle and cup holder – the model has been designed for comfort and ease, your ticket to optimal relaxation.
Tandem vs Solo
The Tequila! GTX Tandem is a sit-on-top model, which makes it easier to maneuver and more stable in comparison to the sit-in kayak versions, however it does not provide a dry ride in rough conditions like the modular fishing unit does.
|Tequila! GTX Solo||95 ⇑||90 ⇑||50 ⇓||55 ⇓|
|Tequila! GTX Tandem||70 ⇓||95 ⇓||70 ⇑||75 ⇑|
Length: 416cm / 13’8”
Width: 75cm / 29,5”
Weight: 35kg / 77lbs
Capacity: 240kg / 530lbs
Weight/section: approx 11kg / 24,3
Front Section: 166cm / 5’5”
Mid Section: 163 / 5’4”
Back section: 169cm / 5’7”
Tequila! GTX is perfect for a day spent together with your close ones and to be honest, the biggest concern one can have is who to take for a ride. The designer took care of the rest by developing a stable, strong, high-performance kayak, ideal for a fun day on the water. Before purchasing your first kayak or a new model, recently on the market, it is always better to have as many information as possible about it and other models as well to make sure it is the best one for you and your family’s needs. If you want to see more products, feel free to read more modular kayak reviews.
- Perfect for: recreational activity, fishing, day trip
- Safe, stable with a strong sit-on-top quality
- AIR seat with adjustable seating position
- Easy to transport, but also easy to store and carry
- Molded-in carrying
- Molded-in bottle holder
- Not recommended for a weekend trip/expedition on touring/surfing