Point 65 Gemini Tandem Sit-In Modular Kayak Review
- Perfect for day trip/weekend trip alone or with friends
- Great for fishing and touring
- Good fit for beginners, normal and expert level users
- Safe, stable, great seat comfort
- Easy to carry, store thanks to its modularity
- Not recommended for expeditions and surfing
The Swedish company presents its solo-tandem hybrid. It is fun, it is versatile and not to mention a high-performance recreational kayak. Just like the Solo version, the Tandem is easy to carry, store and haul thanks to its modularity. All you need to do is add a mid-section and go from Solo to a high-performance tandem in seconds. By adding another section, it becomes a triple. This can go on and in no time, you will have the perfect teambuilding tool.
When to Use?
The Point 65 Gemini Tandem sit-in kayak is perfect for day trips, weekend trips, but not so good for expeditions. You can use it in rivers, lakes and open waters as well for recreational fishing or touring, but not surfing. No matter if you are a beginner, normal or expert level kayaker, the Gemini Tandem is what you are looking for. You will be able to enjoy it using small, normal or large paddlers.
Waters: River, Lake, Open Water
Skill-o-meter: Beginner, Normal and Expert
Pack Volume: Exercise/Day trip, Weekend trip
Usage: Recreation, Fishing, Touring
Paddler size: Small, Normal, Large
Features of The Gemini Tandem
- Durable HPT – just like the Solo version
- Snap-Tap modular take-apart system – which makes it easy to install
- Comfortable seats, padded backrests – for a relaxing day
- Recessed aft storage compartment, bungee rigging, integrated carrying handles – which makes it easy to handle
Length: 433cm / 14’2”
Width: 76cm / 30”
Weight: 35kg / 77lbs
Capacity: 250kg / 550lbs
Weight/section: approx 11kg / 24,3
Front Section: 180cm / 5’9”
Mid Section: 175cm / 5′ 7″
Stern Section: 98cm / 3′ 2″
Tandem vs Solo
The model is very easy to track and it is also very fast, in comparison to its Solo version. The end-stability capability will make you feel even safer than when going in, in the first place.
|Gemini Tandem||80⇓ ||95||75⇑||75⇑|
The Point 65 Gemini modular tandem kayak is perfect for a day out with friends. As it only takes a few seconds to go from solo to tandem, time is being valued and who does not want that? The model is safe, fun and not to mention comfortable. What more can you ask for in a kayak?
If you want to see more products, check our modular kayak reviews.