Designer Magnus de Brito managed to present innovation and express comfort through Point 65 Martini GTX Tandem. Mainly thanks to the Snap-Tap solution, the specialist developed a fun and versatile recreational kayak. It comes with a comfortable ergonomic seat equipped with tight braces for improved control, multiple cup holders and adjustable rudder pedals, just like it’s sibling, the Solo version.
When to use?
The Tandem can be used during day trips and weekends on both rivers and lakes, but we do not recommend lakes and especially no open waters. It is perfect for fishing, touring and surfing and can be used by beginner, normal and expert level users. No matter what type of paddles you prefer, the Tandem has them all.
Waters: River or Lake
Skill-o-meter: Beginner, Normal and Expert
Pack Volume: Weekend trip or Day trip
Usage: Recreation, Fishing, Touring
Paddler size: Small, Normal, Large
- Great tracking and performance: the model is easy to handle, it’s also comfortable and not to mention highly performant.
- Integrated rudder and rudder foot pedals inside the cockpit: these elements make it easy to handle both in water and outside the water.
- AIR seats with pneumatically adjustable backrest: for an extremely comfortable ride.
- Molded in carrying handlesand more:here we can add molded in fish-o-meter, multiple cup holders and paddlepark.
- Snap-Tap modular system: which means you can go from Solo to Tandem, very easily, only by adding an extra mid section.
Tandem vs Solo
The Martini GTX Solo can easily be handled in water, however the Tandem version is one step ahead. In terms of speed, the Tandem is again a bit faster. It’s true though that the GTX Solo can be maneuvered better, whereas the Tandem has an incredible initial stability and end stability. The Solo behaves better in wind and waves conditions.
|Maneuverability||Stability||Tracking||Speed||In wind||In waves|
|Martini GTX Tandem||55 ⇓||100 ⇑||80 ⇑||70 ⇑||50 ⇓||40 ⇓|
|Martini GTX Solo||80 ⇑||95 ⇓||60 ⇓||55 ⇓||60 ⇑||75 ⇑|
Length: 416cm / 13’8”
Width: 70cm / 27,6”
Weight: 35kg / 77lbs
Capacity: 240kg / 530lbs
Weight/section: approx 11kg / 24,3
Front Section: 170cm / 5’7”
Mid Section: 163cm / 5´ 4”
Stern section: 142cm / 4´8”
Bow Hatch: 20x20cm / 7,9″x7,9″
Aft Hatch: 44x26cm 17″x10″
Cockpit: 83x46cm / 33″x18″