Fishing kayaks have become very popular in the last few years and as it was expected, there are a lot options for different tastes and needs. In the following rows you will find different information on different models which will help you find the best fishing kayaks in 2017, adapted to your expectations.
How to Choose the Best Fishing Kayak?
A fishing kayak should be designed to support fast maneuvering and assume operators will be actively engaged in supporting those movements. This offers great stability while performing certain fishing tasks. When choosing a top rated fishing kayak, make sure you take a good look at different characteristics like, length, weight, width, seat, stand and fish capability, storage and propulsion. Also, if a kayak has several of the below design features and accessories, it means it is a good kayak.
- Design features: beam width, material quality, storage type, storage amount/volume, seating, hull type, overall stability.
- Accessories: rod holders, mounting rails, cooler accommodation, paddle holders, fasteners & straps, foot pegs, thigh hooks, thigh hooks.
Some of these features are focal points of many of the best kayaks for fishing available on the market at the moment. Just to make an idea, the most expensive models, usually have mounting rails for trolling motors and smaller boat motors. As mentioned above, make sure you pay attention to the width of the kayak. If you intend to use it in the ocean and on lakes, smaller sizes are well suited and preferred by most people.
Fishing Kayaks Reviews
Best Sit-On-Top Kayak Reviews – These are constructed using a double-hull construction such that there is an enclosed air space between the inner and outer hull which traps air inside. What does this mean? Well, it means that sit-on-top fishing kayaks are literally unsinkable.
Best Sit-In Kayak Reviews – usually have a large cockpit with adjustable padded seat with high back support, adjustable foot braces and are made of rugged UV-stabilized fortiflex high-density polyethylene. They also carry handles and water bottle holders. See all options out there, whether we talk about cheap fishing kayaks for sale or used fishing kayaks this is the selection we have prepared for you. Select the one best suited for your needs.
Here is a list of si-on-top and sit-in kayak models:
1.Point 65 Tequila! GTX Angler – the most popular sit-on-top fishing kayak. This is a modular kayak that can be easily carried around in the back of most cars and store under your bed. Thanks to the patented Snap-Tap system, the Tequila! Angler snaps apart into manageable sections and reassembles in seconds. It is a safe, stable and strong fishing kayak. You can use it as a solo model or, in only a few seconds, it can turn into a tandem version to enjoy it with your friends and family. It does provide the ultimate seat comfort thanks to the AIR seat that features an pneumatically adjustable backrest, offering the paddler a very comfortable seating position that can also be adjusted very easily. In terms of measurements, the Tequila! GTX Angler has 416 cm in length, 75 cm in width, weighs 35 kg and has a 240 kg capacity and 166 cm front section.
2. Malibu Kayaks X-Factor Fish and Drive – measuring 14-feet, 14-inches long, 33-inches wide and weighs 62 pounds with a maximum capacity of 625 pounds. It is equipped with a large front and rear dive wells and has a Gator Hatch on the front that can accommodate a child seat. The large center hatch is equipped with self drainingtrays, a cup holder and carry handles. The X-Factor Kayak is backed by a limited lifetime warranty from Malibu Kayaks.
3. Ocean Kayak Prowler Angler Fishing – it is one of the most original and popular kayaks designed specifically for fishing. It is fast, stable and quiet and it can handle both calm and rough waters. It has a rear oversized tank designed to easily accept coolers, crates, tackle boxes, bait wells and SCUBA tanks. The model also has Comfort Plus seat, 2 rod holders, 6 inch hatch with storagebucket, 2 cup holders, 2 paddle keeps, transducer compatible, skid plate.
4. Hobie Mirage Pro Angler Kayak – is equipped with everything you need to maximize your fishing trip. The model features utility trays, finger-tip steering, mesh covered storage pockets, vertical rod storage, 12-inch in lenght, 36-inch in width and weighs 105 lbs. It has a 500 lbs. capacity. If you need more details on this incredible model, you will find plenty on Amazon.
5. Native Watercraft Ultimate Propel Copperhead Kayak – it is an awesome kayak, from fishing to just cruising the waterways. It is safe, stable and extremely comfortable. The model measures 13 inch in lenght, 32.5 –inch in width and it has a maximum capacity of 400 lbs. It comes with a built-in battery box for power supply to electronics, built-in transducer mount underneath hull and a huge under-seat storage area. The Native Watercraft also comes with multiple groove track rail mounts bow-to-stern for easy personalization. Talk about complex.
6. BKC UH-TK181 12.5foot Sit-On-Top Tandem Fishing Kayak– is a 2-person tandem sit-on-top fishing kayak. It measures 12.5-feet in lenght, 34-inches beam and weighs 68 pounds. It is perfect for fishing, but also for travel, exercise and recreation. It is equipped with multiple storage areas, featuring waterproof storage compartments for wallets, keys and the rear cargo area comes with elastic tie-downs for larger gear. The paddle rests let you go hands-free without ending up paddle-less. The manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty just so you can enjoy your activity in peace.
Kayak Fishing Gear
We all know phones are very present in our lives now, maybe more than our close ones. With this in mind, the specialists have come up with the EOTW Waterproof Case Dry Bag Cell Phone Pouch making sure your device is secure.
Another interesting find is the Venterior Portable Fish Finder, Fishfinder with Wired Sonat Sensor Transducer and LCD display. What it does is it detects and displays the depth of the water, approximates the location of the fish, short and tall weeds, sand and rocks on seabed. Quite smart, right?
Life vests are also available, just so that you can enjoy your day on the water. All these and many more can be acquired from Amazon.